Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Happy KumpiKat Tales

Hi Evy!

Oh my gosh. Wow. I just saw Doc do something that he hasn't done in awhile...this afternoon, my 11-year-old formerly lazy kitty was playing with his little red ball like a kitten, picking it up in his mouth and tossing it up in the air, batting it around and running after it like he did when he was a lot younger! Wow. I think we broke through the barrier here, Evy. I'm so excited!

Sincerely,

Anita
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Evy,

Since you asked me to report to you on the results of our feeding the cats Kumpi their reaction, that they seem to like this food. We have four cats and Mixi and Spot who were always barfing are no longer vomiting. Moreover, Mixi’s stool is no longer runny – it’s normal! The only thing that we have changed with the cats is their diet, so Kumpi must be having a favorable effect. For that we are most grateful. So it looks as though we will now be KumpiKustomers.

Sincerely,
Sue

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Evy, my cats can't wait! Two of my four are now Kumpi lovers, I'm slowly convincing my two stubborn girls to switch over, then we'll be ordering the 20 lb. bags. I had high hopes for Kumpi Kat and it has completely met my expectations. Here's a little about us, because I want you to know how fabulous this food has been for my kitties.

I've been a cat owner for 15 years (my two older cats are gone, and I now have a pair of two year olds (sisters) and ten month olds, an unrelated boy and girl (all Humane Society or strays). So, I'm familiar with pet food brands and usually purchased Science Diet & Iams. The recent pet food recall not only concerned me, it reminded me of my dislike of by-products and so much corn meal in my cats' food. But since it seemed most brands contained them, I didn't feel like I had a lot of choices.

Several weeks ago I decided once and for all to find a truly different food, to solve an immediate problem with a cat who was vomiting, and another cat who had long lasting effects from being sick.

First, my only boy cat, a little orange tabby named Yukon, came to me as a three month old shelter kitten, and very, very sick with a respiratory infection that was so difficult to get rid of. I found out later, sadly, it killed all the other kittens who had been in the same kennel the day I adopted Yukon, including two of his litter mates. His growth was stunted and his fur has never been very soft or shiny, no matter what I fed him. In just a few weeks on Kumpi Kat Yukon has grown more than he has in months. He's bigger than two of the three girl cats now! It's happened so fast, that it still surprises me each time I see him, because he looks like a different kitty. :) I wish I had "before and after" pictures! His fur is soft and shiny and he's even MORE of a cuddle muffin than he was before. He LOVES his Kumpi and turns his nose up at anything else. It's been so exciting to see.

Then, several weeks ago, my long haired cat, Taimyr, was vomiting and it didn't resolve with a hairball. I knew it was time to take her to the vet when she vomited right back into her food bowl while trying to eat. (This was pre-Kumpi). None of the other cats were sick, so I knew something was very wrong. Taimyr stopped eating and an x-ray showed a mass in her abdomen. She had to have surgery on May 12th and they removed a three inch long, 1 inch diameter mass of hair in her intestine. Poor kitty! Her fur is the longest I've seen and I tried to keep up with the grooming, but obviously not well enoughy. We think she has Maine Coon in her family tree, as her hair brushes the ground. My husband nicknamed her "Musk Ox".

Because Taimyr had become anorexic during this, they sent her home with a nasal feeding tube and I had to give her "kitty Ensure" every two hours. She was listless and sad, but not enough to pull her tube out early! I got the go ahead from the vet to give her solid food, and she has been happily eating Kumpi Kat ever since. The vet had drilled into me how difficult it can be to get an anorexic cat to eat again, but she took right away to the Kumpi. Also, at a follow up appointment with a different vet, the vet almost removed Taimyr's stitches too soon because her abdomen has healed so well! She's a happy, alert and feisty kitty again. I really believe its the superior protein and nutrition that has helped her recover so quickly. She gets her stitches out later today and will get out of "purgatory" (the spare bedroom) to be with the other cats again, and its been hard to contain her because she has so much energy. I'm SO happy I found such a nutritious food to give her during her recovery.

Thanks for making such a great product, and expect to see more orders from us in the future. :)

Take care,
Melissa