Friday, June 1, 2007

June Miscellaneous

Hello Evy,
I was wondering, I don't know if I missed it on your site somewhere, you may have mentioned it, but I am wondering, what is the cooking process involved in making Kumpi? Also, do you recommend adding fresh fruits and veggies and meat in addition to the kibble? Some say it offsets the formula that is why I am asking. One more question, if I may, what are the %'s of the omegas in Kumpi?
I appreciate all of your efforts,
Marisabel

Dear Marisabel ~

Hi there! The cooking process for Kumpi is just that; the food is cooked and extruded. When it comes to adding to any dry kibble that is really broad spectrum. Activity level, what fruits and veggies and meat? and is there an existing medical condition that would cause anything added to be detrimental? Plus, some critters have cast iron tummies it seems while others get gassy just watching a fast food commercial. Too many dynamics involved for me to answer that without having you realize there are many factors that come into play. With most diets, keeping to dry kibble for 90% of the daily diet the formula should stand well and do it's job; and that is regarding the issue of offsetting the formula. Occasionally while I am eating some chicken breast meat I will give tiny pieces to my cat and dog. Ditto with apples, except my dog seems to think that bananas should definitely remain people food :) Do I buy special fruits, veggies and meats for my pets? No, I don't.

The % of Omegas is on it's way when my nutritionist completes the nutrient analysis for the dog food. The cat food nutrient analysis is over at kumpikat.com. My mega public thanks to him for taking the time from his already busy schedule to help me out with the information that people seek after the recalls. He is not under my employ, he does his work for me on a contract basis. He has many irons in the fire right now (last we talked he was working on a formula for some deer food) and is enjoying the seasonal graduations, proms and weddings that come with this time of year.

And just a final thought about how Kumpi is cooked. I have been to the plant and watched the process several times; but asking me about the exact details of 'how' would be like asking me how my mechanic dropped a new transmission into my company van. I don't know how he did it; he loosened some parts there and then.....well, I'm not sure. That is his area of expertise and why I pay him to do it. The same thing is true of how Kumpi products are made. The details of the process are so complicated and amazing to watch; all I need to know is what a good job they do of providing me with quality kibble!

Cat lovers....you may enjoy Lars diary over at this link: http://www.catster.com/cats/524858#diary and check out the May blogs for KumpiKat cat food testimonials!

Keep checking this post for emails that contain multiple questions and don't fit a specific category :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________