Saturday, May 19, 2007

Kumpi Retailers

Dear Denise ~

Thanks so much for the order and I also did get your email about distributor possibilities in NY. Honestly, none of the people out of state are people that I approached. They all approached me. Above and beyond that, I need for them to have a personal relationship/trust with the food and I need the chance to get to know them myself a bit.

The moment the foods leaves my charge (I have it shipped directly from my manufacturer to me) I need to know that the food won't be sitting in direct sunlight or exposed to extreme heat (the fats can get compromised) and that the product is being cared for as well as I do. It takes a long chain of events to make sure that the food someone buys that says "Kumpi" on it is of the best quality possible.

My background is in dog behavior and I know that most stores are being bombarded weekly with pet foods that are seeking shelf space. I am not like the 'corporate' products and that is one other part of me not being like them. It takes more than money and space to sell Kumpi. I know all of my out of state retailers and respect them immensely.

I know it may sound like a peculiar 'business plan' but I wasn't 'planning' on the growth of the company being so strong through grassroots. I feel a strong need to keep it protected. My confidence level in my product line is immense and my trust of the people who sell it needs to be as strong.

Hope this makes sense to you :))

Blessings ~

Evy