Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dog Food Nutrient Request

I need a detailed analysis on the adult formula please. Not noted on your site. Thank You.

Tina

Dear Tina ~

My nutritionist needs about forty extra hours a week right now :)

He is in high demand with other projects and doing a nutrient analysis on the dog food like he did on the cat food is on his list. Schedules are running tight for quality people in the pet food industry right now.

I'm looking forward to him getting it done too, but he is not an employee of my company; he does contract work for me.

Thanks!

Evy

Evy

This is extremely disapointing, Though I detest AFFCO and the Center for testing they use for testing, It is required by Law that an anaylysis be done before your product ever go on the market. I will advise all those who have asked me to inquire to steer clear of your products until such a time as more inforemation is available. Due to the recent incidious recall on pet so called foods, (i feed a raaw diet) people are refusing to go out and buy anything Nnot highly recomendfed The 30+ chat groups that I deal with will all be adbised. Thank you for your time.

**I wrote Tina and asked her permission to post her emails**

Evy
yers you may and may i say I would love to see the analysis when you get it. of all you kibbles.
where you get your ingredients as well how you came up with this recipe
even a basic one would help...............can you also advise as to where you buy your ingredients from??
I dknow you deal allot with the K9 dogs.Police etc. In fact one of the Top breeders we deal with is
a great GSD breeder.
the reason i take such an interest is 30cyears of dogs and everything my husband and I have been through with them
from Cancer, hip dysplasia, unknown muscle degeneration disease, I read books, attend seminars & am what my freinds say the true pessimist or Devils advocate of pet kibble. (or cement as I call them)
Have many wonderful Canadian raw feeder friends as well nutritionists friends.
At this time I only refer people to one dry food company, if i can get honesty and information , I would love to also be able to refer a second.

Dear Tina ~

The analysis required by AAFCO is already posted on the websites - kumpikat.com and kumpi.com - where the ingredients are listed. The kumpi.com page has a statement about origin sources. Nothing is sourced from China. I did not come up with a recipe, I contracted with a multi-species nutritionist who has done zoological formulation as well as domestic formulas. I have worked in the field of dog behavior for over 35 years and share your concerns. It was a combination of watching students return with puppies to take the class a second time, sharing how the dog they took through the program the first time had died of cancer between six and nine years of age; and losing my own GSD just after his fifth birthday to cancer that caused me to fire corporate America and begin my own company. My other career was in full bloom and 'starting a pet food company' was the last thing on my mind. I understand your opinion about the industry on the whole and respect your choice to feed raw. Just to let you know, I do not ship to Canada and only conduct business in the lower continental US.

The initial analysis required by the Dept of Ag in the state of Colorado is requested as a one time thing, so they have proof that the formulation of a product will produce what is required for the guaranteed analysis on protein, fat, fiber and moisture, as well as conforming to the nutrient profile as set forth in the AAFCO manual. Those were performed over eight years ago and I don't readily have the information as to which lab performed the test. What is important is that the food tested to AAFCO's specifications, I am registered with the state and they test the food in the state of Colorado each year, for every product on shelves to make sure that we meet the guaranteed analysis of protein, fat, fiber and moisture.

As I mentioned in another email, you will find a full nutrient analysis (not to be confused with the guaranteed analysis, which is already on both sites) on KumpiKat at that website and have asked my nutritionist to provide one for the dog food site as well. Right now, the time of quality people is at a high premium and I can't promise when that will be provided.

It sounds like you too are heart and soul with GSD's and it's wonderful that you study about the physiology as deeply as you and your husband have. Thanks for writing!

Evy