Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Getting Started

To keep all of my online blogging to one place, I have decided to start my own blog. This gives me the opportunity to post questions I receive (by express permission from the sender only) and my answers, so folks can read all the comments I have about particular issues.

If you can take the time to read the contents at kumpi.com and become familiar with the history of the company and some basic information, that will help a lot! There has been understandable anxiety among pet owners since the recalls began and I've spent many hours on the phone talking with victims - both who have lost pets and those living with some who are living compromised lives with uncertain futures. Along with you, I never thought the day would come that something as simple as buying pet food would create such fear and panic. I have seen it the emails I've received and heard it reflected in the phone calls as well.

Strong safeguards are in place for my product line - I have an incredible team behind me with a fantastic manufacturer and nutritionist. Not only have the 'dries' for the ingredients that my pet food tested negative for melamine - sample products of KumpiKat and Kumpi dog food have tested negative for melamine, cyanuric acid, aminopterin, amilorine, amiloride and aflatoxin as well. These tests have been conducted by Accutrace Testing:

http://accutracetesting.com/

and testing will continue as new food is manufactured. Accutrace Testing is an independent third party laboratory and an excellent resource for anyone who would like to have their pet food tested - any brand, wet or dry. Special rates are offered to the general public. Pet food companies are not privy to any discounts.

Since I wasn't trying to start a pet food company in the first place, I hope you realize that the only real difference between me and most of you is that I know a bit more about what goes into the whole process. I began this company while still enjoying my first career of working in the field of dog behavior. It has grown by grass roots and was really started for my own comfort zone, to have absolute control over my the diet of my own dog and cat.

I have loved pets my whole life and Kumpi Pet Foods is my passion. Thanks for reading and I hope you check back from time to time!